SC - Apples Galore!

TANTRALYA at aol.com TANTRALYA at aol.com
Sun Sep 13 18:11:19 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/13/98 9:05:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
atargatis at hotmail.com writes:

<< Question:  Without having a juice squeezer thingy, is there a way to
 squeeze the juice out of apples?  Perhaps if I pureed (sp?) them, then
 pressed what juice I could get?  Has anyone done this?  >>

I have done something like this.  We pureed apples, put a cheese cloth triple
layered in a colander, poured the puree into the cheesecloth, and put a weight
on it.  IIRC, the 'weight' was a gallon jug of water or milk.  IMHO, It was
ok, but not worth the mess.  It is cheaper to buy a commercial juicer.

Diana