SC - sc: piggie raison d'etre

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Mon Sep 14 09:32:14 PDT 1998

Another point on this is the way pigs have been 'defatted'.  The amount of fat on
pigs has decreased tremendously... to the point i still need to add additional fat
to sausage I make to keep them from drying out.  Plus, the 'other white meat'
promotions push the fact that pork is a much leaner meat than in the past.

Meadhbh
(who'd like to find some heirloom pigs for their meat!)