SC - ham

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 15 06:34:12 PDT 1998

Jeff Botkins wrote:

> Only 137 ??  Wow....
> Sorry, I was just going by what I always used when making sausage...
> But, then, maybe that's the temp I used to make sure it was fully
> cooked....
> Can't remember right off.....very early.....need more coffee...  ; )
>
> Jeff

Pork cooked to, what was it you said, 152 degrees F., is okay for fully
cooked. But the recipes that say you need to cook it to 180 or 190 are just,
you should excuse the expression, hogwash...I know so many people who are
under the impression pork should have no juice, and are very suspicious of it
when it does. They've been raised in such terror of a disease that is
virtually extinct over most of the world (and it is, admittedly, pretty
serious) that they react with revulsion when their meat is properly cooked,
not until it is plywood.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy