SC - Hastletes of Fruyt.

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 19:18:03 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/15/98 8:01:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
HICKS_M at casa.gov.au writes:

<< y husband Drake has made a similar recipe to this from Take 1000 Eggs.
 In that recipe we threaded the fruits and nuts separately (i.e. piece by
 piece like a shish kabob) onto a linen thread, covered them in batter
 and deep fried.  Then removed the string. >>

The Haslets recipe falls within the category of 'illusion' food. There is no
need to remove the string before sierving  if you make each string a serving.
After the endoring process while the haslet is still hot you can lower iot
onto a plate  either in a circular type pattern or irratically. The first
produces a dish which to all intent and purposes looks like a pile of dog doo-
doo. The second method produces a pile which looks like intestines. :-)

There uis a recipe somewhere ( to be read >I can't find it quickly) that is a
meat ball roled in ground sandle wood. dipped in egg white and rolled in
sesame seed which I served at a feast once garnished with mint leaves (my
touch) ZTo all intent and purposes under the reduced lighting of candlelight
dining they appeared to be strawberries. What a surprise when the diner bit
into one. ;-)

Ras
Ras (Who loves those illusion foods)