SC - Hastletes of Fruyt.

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Tue Sep 15 19:35:29 PDT 1998

Ras,

> The Haslets recipe falls within the category of 'illusion' food. There
> is no
> need to remove the string before sierving  if you make each string a
> serving.

I think removing the string was a practical consideration.  The batter
held the ingredients together so once it was cooked the string was
superfluous.  when we made the test batch, diners complained because
they weren't expecting the string - so we removed it.

> There uis a recipe somewhere ( to be read >I can't find it quickly)
> that is a
> meat ball roled in ground sandle wood. dipped in egg white and rolled
> in
> sesame seed which I served at a feast once garnished with mint leaves
> (my
> touch) ZTo all intent and purposes under the reduced lighting of
> candlelight
> dining they appeared to be strawberries. What a surprise when the
> diner bit
> into one. ;-)

I am currently researching for an Illusion Feast I am cooking next Feb
(Valentine's Weekend in Polit for all those Lochac people).  If you
could point me to the source for the "Strawberries" I would be
exceedingly grateful .....

Regards
Meliora.