SC - kinds of herring

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Tue Sep 15 23:28:33 PDT 1998

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> *> > [1] ham, 42 kinds of herring, trotters, head cheese, meatballs, spare
> *> > ribs, etc, etc.

> *> Ah, you arrived late and they had run out of the other 83 kinds of herring,
> *> eh? ;  )

> What can you possibly do to herring to get 42 kinds, much less 100 kinds?

Mainly different forms of pickling, with all kinds of different spices
(mustard, onion, garlic, red onion, dill, tomato, etc, etc). I can
probably by up to a dozen kinds in just about any grocery store over
here in Sweden (right now, more around Christmas), and there are many,
many more that can be made. Of course, the "endless variety" is more of
an restaurant show-off thing, but still.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                   parlei(at)algonet.se
http://www.algonet.se/~parlei
If NT is the answer, you don't understand the question