SC - Thoughts on Food

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Wed Sep 16 05:34:31 PDT 1998

Kiriel & Chris wrote:

> <snip>.
>
> 2) I have never heard of bloomin onions apart from on the 'net
>
> 3) The usual blowfly at an Aussie barbeque is a tiny little fly that
> sticks to you.  You will see people walking along with 50 little flies
> sitting on their back - I don't know what it is about backs but there
> you are. Typical barbequeue fare is beef steaks, sausages, lamb chops.
> Seafood sometimes, ribs far more rarely (I have never yet been to a
> barbequeue where ribs have been served).  Bread, tomato sauce, wine,
> beer, coleslaw (our coleslaw - finely sliced cabbage, grated carrot and
> mayonaise with maybe apple and walnut in it), garden salad, maybe a
> pasta salad and a rice salad.

Sounds pretty close to a Texas BBQ, except for the seafood.... unless someone is
frying up some catfish!  And ribs are done here as well! Pork and Beef ribs. And
then there is brisket which is actually smoked for over 12 hours.....
scrumptious.  Other meats include, pork, cabrito (aka goat), many cuts of beef and
sausage!  Then with corn bread, cole slaw, Aunt Pearl's potato salad and a fruit
cobbler of the season (mine is blackberry)... this is wonderful Texas grub!

Meadhbh
(who sure likes livin' down in Tejas)