NaCl (was Re: SC - ham)

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Wed Sep 16 15:28:10 PDT 1998

At 11:02 16-9-98 -0600, Berengaria wrote:
>Is anybody else on the list besides me a sodium chloridaholic?
>
>I see frequent references to certain types of ham and to feta cheese,
>an especial passion of mine, as "too salty", and I think they're wonderful
>as is.
>
>Has anyone else had this experience?  Or am I all alone down here at
>the extreme end of the salt spectrometer?

I'm just back from four months in the Gulf (well, three months in the Gulf,
plus a couple weeks in the Med and a couple more crossing the Atlantic).
I've a sweet tooth, but sweets were no problem, as the cooks provided
something at almost every meal.  I kept having these cravings for potato
chips and tortilla chips....

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie, Barony Beyond the Mountain
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable