SC - Ham & Salt

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Sep 17 07:44:28 PDT 1998

Genevia says....

	When I started cutting down on my salt intake I noticed I was
getting sleepy, and feeling poorly. Then I had friends start taking my blood
Pressure ( I'm a nurse so this wasn't hard) and checking my blood sugar etc.
Blood sugar was fine every thing checking out grand and normal until I
looked at my BP which was now down to about 90/60. My normal is 120/80.
Added the salt back BP came back up I felt much better. When I crave salt
and feel bad I eat salt. MD approved.  Salt is not necessarily a bad thing.

Wow that's impressive. Its so nice to meet someone with this problem, I
thought I was all by myself. My normal BP is usually around your low end. I
have been known to go lower but then I can't operate a motorized vehicle and
I can't see properly. Can anyone say shock?! I have been known to freak out
the local pharmacist on occasion and then he thinks he has to go get his
in-store BP machine fixed. I live with this just fine, having gotten used to
it many many years ago. I have learnt that when I am feeling particularly
shocky I just ingest some salt in one form or another (usually on french
fries <gasp>) . It sure beats taking drugs for the rest of my life to keep
low blood pressure from taking over and invading my life. As well, my doctor
doesn't have a problem with this and started controlling my BP with salt in
the early '80's

Micaylah