SC - Re: Elizabethan Buffet

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Sep 17 14:44:20 PDT 1998

> Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier... A sugar paste plate
> decorated with his arms and a laurel wreath with perhaps his name and
> date of elevation around the rim.

> These were used at the Elizabethan "banquets" (dessert courses) and
> frequently had a poem or song on the back side
> that the recipient had to sing/recite, etc.  For a keepsake, spray it
> with acrylic laquer or varnish

Nice idea. I do have recipes for sugar plate at the house...
My lady could do the artsy stuff since I can't draw a straight line with a
ruler.

> How far into the future is this vigiling?  Is it at least a month away?

Um...next weekend actually. Oops.

> Could you e-mail me privately, O Glorious Baron-ic Knight??

I could email this privately but I'm sure you'll get a lot of "Hey! No fair!
You told HIM how to do it!" messages and I wouldn't want to do that to you.

More like "Glaring Moron-ic Knight. :-{)}

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yers,

Gunthar