SC - ham

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Thu Sep 17 19:34:10 PDT 1998

JEANNE STAPLETON wrote:

> I haven't had mine checked out lately but last time my BP was absolutely
> dead right in the middle of normal--that with birth control pills and a
> dad who'd had high BP (but a mother who had lower than average BP).
>
> I get flak from friends when I salt my food (and I do taste before
> salting, and I don't add salt when using commerically salty products
> like canned tomato sauce), and I guess I always get pretty put out
> because they don't know my medical history and don't know about con-
> versations I've had with my doctors; I've always been candid about my
> salt intake and craving.

I'm there too.  The only time my bp is high is in the last trimester (when it is so
high that it scares the doctors).  With my family history, it stuns people that
mine is normal.  Just wish that someone could figure out why it goes up so
drastically at that point in pregnancy.  The only thing they can tell me is that it
is not pre-enclampsia and does not seem to be dangerous to my babies.  Other than
that, they are stumped but good.

Brenna