SC - RE: SC-OT: Life Partner Teams

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Sat Sep 26 06:27:45 PDT 1998

>I find that ducktape is a very effective babysitter (at least the threat
of
> it is. ;-)
> Thorbjorn the Cook

A funny story:

Those of you familliar with this story (ie: confed) will get a huge
chuckle!

My Barony is, unfortunately, the home of a fellow nick-named Duct Tape Boy.
The poor fellow, once finding the SCA accidentally while driving past an
event site,  has proceeded to use it as a venue for excessive intoxication,
over-exuberant rhino-hiding,  and verbal corruption. There was an event in
Eisenthal, a neighboring out-of-kingdom shire, where he had reached his
zenith of obnoxiousness. The fellow was so bloody awful that a few of the
Confederation Worthies duct-taped him to a tree to sleep it off, so as not
to be a harm to himself or others. The moniker Duct Tape Boy has stuck to
him ever since, and he is quite ashamed of the incident, although not
enough to alter his behavior.

Ever since then, when my kids are particularly obnoxious, we threaten them
with the name Duct-tape-girl.  Hey, Presto! Good behavior. Works every
time.

BTW: My husband and I make a good cooking partner team: I cook, he eats,
and his EEWWW meter is right on target!

Aoife