SC - Re: SC Ealdorereans experiment-VERY LONG

Sun Sep 20 13:38:29 PDT 1998

> <<and leave the exactness to small  "guild meetings" not the major feast
> hall.
> >>

> This statement appals me. Cookery is no less an art/science than any other
> activity in the SCA and if a person's declared field of study is period
> cookery, they have an obligation to do the best they can to provide their
> feasts guests with carefully researched feasts as close to period as is
> possible.
>
> al-Sayyid A'aql ibn Ras al-Zib, AoA, OSyc

I'm certain edible, even astoundingly delicious, is implied.  I have been on
the receiving end of thoroughly researched dishes prepared by the culinary
handicapped, as have a number of others on this list, judging from some of
the comments.  I am of the opinion that food must first be edible, then we
can go for historical accuracy.  Of course, once one opts to be a historical
cook, one had best be ready to demonstrate both historical knowledge and
culinary artistry, as you do.

Bear