SC - Purpose of the Feast-long

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Sep 21 14:18:28 PDT 1998

Phlip says...
<snip>
>Working with you and Adamantius were the best Feast experiences I've ever
>had, despite all the challenges at Crown. I seldom get much of a chance to
>work on feasts around here, because I'm the only Chirurgeon on site, and I
>need to be available for the fighters. I'm trying to get local people
>interested in becoming Chirurgeons so that I can spend more time in the
>kitchen, as I did at your events, and simply function as Kitchen Chirurgeon
>at need, but I haven't got much help in getting the information I need to
>get these kids set up.
>
>What can you guys suggest?

SCA Policy dictates...

* from: GOVERNING AND POLICY DECISIONS

11. POLICY ON FIRST AID AT EVENTS (August 1985)

While organized first aid services are desirable at Society events, the
corporation may not be placed in the position of promising to provide
them. Therefore, while Society branches are encouraged to
make every effort to have qualified volunteer first aid personnel
available, they are specifically prohibited from requiring the presence of
a medical officer at events, and from in any way implying
that the Society's sponsorship of an event depends upon the presence of
organized first aid services.

Phlip, my question to you is this. Are you at the List because of, perhaps a
misguided concept, that you are required to be there, or is it more a
personal thing? You, as a chirurgeon, are not required by law to attend the
List, and being in the kitchen would ensure that you "were on site" so I
don't see the problem of pursuing your passion of cooking. It sounds to me
that you are in a worse position than myself, in being that there are not
alot of cooks around to perform the task of kitchen steward evenly.  I'd say
forge ahead and do your own feast and wow them, as I'm sure you would.

Micaylah

Today I will gladly share my experience and advice,
for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so!"