SC - Subtlety Question

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 23 04:00:31 PDT 1998

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/22/98 7:42:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kat at kagan.com
> writes:
>
> << No, I am *not* going to get those nasty-tasting mostly-wax chocolate coins,
> bleah.)  >>
>
> Why not? We did a treasure chest as you describe several years ago. Since most
> 'pirate' type events are actually very LATE period, the inclusion of the coims
> makes the kids (and adults) happy, does very little to detract from the
> ambience of the event and make a WONDERFULLY nice filler in between the more
> period stuff.

I vaguely recall a reference to a description of an Italian feast (14th
century, maybe?) in which gold florins were served in a sauce, which was eaten
off the coins, which were in turn supposed to be thrown away. I occasionally
think of doing this with chocolate coins, and something non-acidic like a
custard sauce.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy