OT! Re: SC - Re:time/marianism-OT-OOP

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 24 18:02:20 PDT 1998

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/24/98 2:20:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> margali at 99main.com writes:
>
> << not to drag religion into things, but isn't Marianism still considered an
> heresy? >>
>
> Mot that I know of. Our priests join inn the devotions and many good Catholics
> in this area have stautues in there yards/ At least one church has a zgrooto
> dedicated to Mary and Mater de la Rosa has a Mary statue with children
> kneekling in front of it as the main outdoor focal point.

Marianism, which is, I believe, the "worship" or acclamation of Mary as a
deity equal to the Trinity, is regarded as a heresy by the Catholic Church. A
bunch of old ladies getting together to say the Rosary is regarded by that
same Catholic Church as A Good Thing. We may have some faulty terminology
being used here, but then I'm not the one in PA witnessing this, so I wouldn't
want to speculate.

> Personally, as a self aclaimed 'pagan' I have a Marian devotional in my yard
> and attend the Marian devotional services at church every week without fail.
> If it's still a heresy there is a big pocket of heretics in this section of
> the US, :-)  My neighbor is an elderly lady and I grow tyhe flowers she uses
> on her altar. She says that I am misguided but any 'boy' that 'loves' Mary
> like I do can't be really bad.  She prays for me daily.;-)
>
> Ras

I am here to tell everyone on this list that Lord Ras is a fine, upstanding
fellow, who would, no doubt, be a credit to any faith he chooses. And how
could it be bad for anyone to have a little old lady praying for him/her? (I
remember former NYC mayor Ed Koch cutting through some red tape so Mother
Theresa could build a hospital in the Bronx, saying: "Do I really need Mother
Theresa mad at me? Of course not!!!")

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy