SC - re: artichokes & local foods

kat kat at kagan.com
Tue Sep 1 13:34:29 PDT 1998

:-)  I live approximately ten miles from Castroville (which bills itself as the Artichoke Capital of the World).  Fresh just-picked produce around here is cheap as ticks and about as easy to come by -- if you've read your Steinbeck you know the Salinas Valley is California's "salad bowl."

Not to mention the incredible fishing resources in the Monterey Bay.  Gives a whole new meaning to the term "fresh" calamari...

Brag, brag, brag...  ;-)

Of course, my area has its drawbacks... there are days I would about kill for a good piece of venison (sigh)...

	- kat

- --kat griffith, editor--

This is my business address.  Sending files of over 100K in size to this address will result in my being summarily flogged.