SC - Ostrich

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Sep 1 16:38:40 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/1/98 6:26:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, msca at c2i2.com
writes:

<<  I was hoping to find a method of cooking it in one
 piece!  Anyone got any ideas? >>

YES! Use a pig roaster. Summer before this, I cooked and emu(Aroc Who Feedeth
Her Young with Elephants) for Will's Revenge. I don't know if Stefan has this
info in his files or not. If not then I will try to dig out the notes from
that feast.

Lucky you for recieving this wonderful treasure. This is an opportunity for
you to do an actual period recipe for Ostrich which , IIRC, is mentioned in
Apicius. :-)

Ras