SC - OOP-bad canned goods

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Wed Sep 2 00:30:36 PDT 1998

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> I have heard the same - if you find a can labelled surstro"mming it si a
> biological weapon developed in Northern Sweden for use against
> southerners and is alleged to be particularly potent. (But this was told
> to me by a southerner. He also explained the manufacture of the product -
> take fish in a barrel, and leave it in the sun until it is completely
> off. You can then can it to seal in the badness, and use whenever you
> want the world to know where you are and what you had for dinner.

There is an urban legend that a package containing two cans was left at
airport where the security had previously annoyed some Swedes. And since
SOP for suspected bomds is to shoot at the package...

> Myself, if I ever found any, I am inclined to try it.

It's not bad, actually. Tasted different from what it smells like. I'd
offer to send you a can, but the involved post offices might object.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                   parlei(at)algonet.se
http://www.algonet.se/~parlei
Heisenberg slept here, or somewhere else nearby.