SC - Fried/fricaseed chicken and Platina- semi OOP

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Sep 2 14:19:55 PDT 1998

I'm a yank, but my mom is an iowa farm girl of 75 years[age is a state of mind...she
acts like she is about 30!] and she learned to do it from her grandmother whos nearest
relative wore grey in the recent unpleasentness...
My mom will stew up an old chicken, pull the meat off the bones and use some of the
broth in making a basic cream sauce, put it in an old dutch oven, drop beaten
biscuits on the top, cover and simmer til the biscuits are done. If you lift the lid,
the biscuits fall and get uckky.
I make mine that way, so there.
[and I HATE making beaten buiscuits, whapping the dough is not my idea of fun, but my
ex-sister in law got this little pastamill looking thing they used to mangle the
buiscuit dough, but she refused to give it back even though she doesnt cook if she can
help it  ;-(]
margali