SC -Simmering cream sauce, was Fried/fri

PhlipinA at aol.com PhlipinA at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 23:32:44 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/3/98 2:13:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< You are both talking about the butter/flour roux with milk, aren't you? >>

I don't make a roux for a cream sauce- I add the cream or milk to the fat, mix
it and heat it gently, then add the flour in sprinkles until it reaches the
consistency I want. With Fricassee, I make it thinner than I normally would
and add the chicken until the crust softens a bit. I only make the roux first
when I want it darker than usual- milk burns before it browns.

Phlip