SC - Simmering cream sauce/ white sauce/bechamel

Kiriel & Chris kiriel at cybergal.com
Mon Sep 7 03:29:26 PDT 1998

Interesting.

My bechamel is most definitely brought to the boil, though only for
seconds, it is vital to make it work properly.

And I dont cook the sauce after adding the milk to make it less floury,
if you have added the milk it is too late.  I fry butter then add an
equal amount of flour.  This roux is then cooked, fried, for at least
two minutes to stop the sauce tasting floury.  Then I add the milk bit
by bit. Once all the milk is added, I bring it to the boil for a moment,
to allow the flour to thicken and then serve.

So many bechamels!

Kiriel