SC - Question for Cariadoc about another Garlicky Chicken

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Sep 7 11:15:20 PDT 1998

Adamantius, having quite recently entrapped an innocent reader into taking
seriously a frivolous post anent cuskynoles, falls into the same snare
himself, writing:

>Now that we've established the difference between scribal error and typos,
>would anyone mind pointing out the specific nature of the typo? Should this
>read 5 threads, or some such?

In one of the classes that Elizabeth and I taught at Pennsic, and at the
Pennsic cooks get together, one or the other of us commented that worked
out recipes depend, of course, on the taste of the redactor. I don't like
saffron, so claim that all references to saffron are scribal errors--and
tend to make the quantities of saffron in my worked out recipes small.
People who like the stuff might want to alter the recipe accordingly.
Christine was merely suggesting that, since all references to saffron are
scribal errors, the reference to saffron in the worked out recipe I had
posted must be a scribal error too. I conceded her point but disputed her
terminology.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/