SC - Candied Almonds

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Mon Sep 7 21:29:17 PDT 1998

Lea wrote:

>Hello...
>
>I'm new here! =0)...I was wondering...does anyone have a good period
>recipe for candied almonds?

What I do to make candied/sugared almonds is reletively simple.  I have
documentation around somewhere.  I will dig it out for you if you want.

Get a whole load of blanched almonds.  Toast them slightly and let them cool.
When they are cool, dip them in egg white and roll them in Raw sugar.  Then
set then aside to dry.  The raw sugar and egg white makes and attractive
and cruchy coating to the almonds.  Keep them in an airtight tin until
ready to serve.

The people in my Barony love them.  To the point that I can't set them on a
table anwhere in view without a significant portion of them going
walkabout.  The process of coating them in the egg white can be a little
messy, but it's fun.

Failing that I go to the candy store around the corner.  They sell huge
boxes of sugared almonds for a reletively cheap price. I sometimes get
boxed of gold and silver ones.  They look really speccy strewn around a
buffet table or ina dish in a pool of candlelight.  Lovely and shiny.
(Yeah, I cheat every now and them, but sometimes on has to have an artists
eye when laying out the food on a buffet table or something similar =)

Hope this helps,
- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

        Logic is a systematic way of arriving at the wrong conclusion in
	confidence.