SC - recipe spreadsheet

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Sep 8 22:26:22 PDT 1998

hi all from Anne-Marie
we are asked:

 Anyone else want to weigh in on their software
> preferences? I've never looked at any of them before, so I don't even
really
> know what's out there. But I'd really like to have one available before I
do
> another feast, so installing and getting used to whichever one I chose
now
> would help a lot......... :-)

I use Mastercook for some stuff, like typing in recipes, expanding them and
printing them out, but I hate their shopping list thingie (if it doesnt
recognise an ingredient, it just leaves it off. No indication that it is
even missing, so you're VERY likely to totally forget something).

So I do most of it in MasterCook and then do my ingredient list and
budgetting stuff in Excel. Means I have to type in the ingredient list
again, but that's not a bad thing (makes you look at it one more time).

The Madrone Culinary Guild has a custom data base they've built that uses
Access. There's some bugs, but since about half the guild works at
Microsoft (including the guy who actually worked on the project), it works
pretty well for us.

- --AM