SC - Re: Christmas Gifts

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 08:46:01 PDT 1998

Master Huen asked:

>>This, of course, has got me seriously wondering about the many different
types of Medieval candies and sweets that there are! Does anyone have any
favorites they'd like to share, or have any suggestions I could send my
English friend?<<

"Elinor Fettiplace's Receipt Book" by Hilary Sperling has a large number of
late period (16th Century, maybe 17th) conserves and candied fruit recipes.

Also, see my article on making sugar plums in Stefan's Florilegium files or I
can e-mail you the recipe. One can make sugar apricots, peaches, figs, etc.
this way.

Renata