SC - OOP(?)Candy Bubbles

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Sep 9 21:10:59 PDT 1998

A lady in my household posed a question to me tonight that I couldn't
answer, so I told her I would take it to the list!
	She is a wonderful confectioner, which I like to encourage any
chance I get (we got hand made truffles for Christmas last year!).  She
has found something she wants to try, but is baffled.  There is
apparently an issue of Martha Stewart Living on the stands currently
dealing with weddings.  There is a technique inside for blowing candy
bubbles, which look like champagne bubbles on the cake they are
decorating.  She bought the magazine on the promise of the directions and
recipie inside, only to find no recipie and directions that basically
said "Don't try this at home".  She said there is some mention of adding
glycerine to the sugar, but not much else helpful info.
	So, does anyone know the secret to these interesting constructs?
I am familiar with other sugar techniques, but this one is new to me, and
I couldn't even venture a guess as to the proper amounts of whatever
ingredients would be necessary.
	Thanks so much,
	Christianna