SC - One thing no kithen should be without

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Thu Sep 10 19:54:21 PDT 1998

>I could use a jewelers torch on sugar, whaddaya think Cariadoc?
>
>Rhiannon Cathaoir-mor

  I have a blowtorch kept in the kitchen for such things as melting sugar.
My favourite dessert is:

Torched Peaches:

1 fresh peach.
a little butter, melted
a little brown sugar

Slice the peach in half and sit them, cut side up on a serving plate.
Brush the top with a little butter and sprinkle a liberal amount of brown
sugar on them.
Whip out your trusty blowtorch and torch the top until the sugar has melted
but not burned.  Serve it with cinnamon cream.  What you end up with it
basically a fresh peach but with a caramel/toffe type coating on the top.

A friend and I saw it on a cooking program once and thought that all
kitchens should keep a blowtorch for culinary use. It was immensely funny
when she whiped out the blowtorch from under the counter and attacked the
peaches with it.

I'll stop rambling now
- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

        Logic is a systematic way of arriving at the wrong conclusion in
	confidence.