SC - Thoughts on Food

pndarvis at execpc.com pndarvis at execpc.com
Sun Sep 13 08:19:16 PDT 1998

On another note, I do have to agree with Ras and Kat.  I may not
necessarily eat said foods, being veggie, but I do enjoy learning about
them, and I especially would at least taste a small amount for learning
purposes.  My question posed is this: I would like to hear from the
more experienced cuisiniers of this list, the oddities cooked and
consumed thereof.  For example, I myself have consumed snails and frogs
legs and roasted ants, and found all to be good.  (I may not eat them
on a daily basis, but hey I tried them and would eat them again.)  I
especially would like to hear of some of the more unique recipes that
everyone has found, especially period ones, containing unique
ingrediants or animals.  I would also like to hear if you have cooked
said recipe, or said unique animal, and your comments.  (I do tend to
add your comments onto my recipes as reference.)
thanks
Lady Elisabeth

>In a message dated 9/11/98 12:57:38 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
>kat at kagan.com writes:
>

>>  The secret's in the sauce, Ras.  The secret's in the sauce.
>>
>>  <ducking and running for the rock>
>>
>>      - kat
>>

>Ras may not recognize your reference, Kat.  He is after all a man.
>
>Mordonna

Elisabeth the Terrible/Shari

"Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
     minutus carborata descendum pantorum."