SC - smithfield ham moldy foods

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sun Sep 13 09:22:40 PDT 1998

Do keep in mind that thanks to the 50s and 60s 'better living throught modern [anything]
push, natural foods were looked down upon as old fashioned, and people were pushed into
buying things prepackaged, sliced and chemicaled into subservience. Everybody wanted to be
modern. Despite the availability of boxed cake mixes in the depression which didn't get
bought due to cost we managed to keep real foods in the groceries until the 50s.

us poor northerners for the past 40 years being brought up to get all of our food in the
prepackaged spiffy ken-and-barbiness tend to think of mold on food a bad thing[cheese isnt
quite thought of as being moldy or spoiled milk...]
margali