SC - Re: Baconn'd Herring - long

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 06:34:13 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/13/98 10:26:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< Do we have many
 recipes for fish cooked in lard for the medieval period? >>

Another question along this same line might be do we have many recipes using
salt as an ingredient from the medieval period? The lard bucket and the salt
cannister were most probably iniversal in almost every kitchen and their use
was such common knowledge that it did not need to be mentioned, I would
suspect. :-)

The listing of which fat to use when cooking something is a relatively modern
invention necessitated by the increasing use of beef fat and vegetable oils in
cookery over the last last 100 hundred years, IMO.

Ras.