SC - Thoughts on Food

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Mon Sep 14 16:43:53 PDT 1998

It was funny, when I was a kid, I was invited over to a friend's house,
(well, we were best friends, worst enemies, depending on time of day, phase
of moon, etc.) and was served tongue for dinner. As I had been taught, I
politely tasted it, decided it was pretty good, and ate my fair share, as
well as perhaps a few other people's. When I went home, I told my
grandmother what I'd had for dinner, and she's the one who said "Eeewww!".

Interestingly enough, sge's also the one who taught me about oysters and
clams on the half shell, and let me try Diamondback rattlesnake at Trader
Vic's. No accounting for tastes ;-)

Phlip

Phlip at bright.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,