SC - kinds of herring

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 15 21:05:35 PDT 1998

Par Leijonhufvud said:

*> > [1] ham, 42 kinds of herring, trotters, head cheese, meatballs, spare
*> > ribs, etc, etc.
*>
*> Ah, you arrived late and they had run out of the other 83 kinds of herring,

*Who said my employer spend money on getting the best for us? I am told
*that some of the better Chrismas buffet in Scania boast well over 100
*kinds of herring...

What can you possibly do to herring to get 42 kinds, much less 100 kinds?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

PS: Thanks to this list I've seen three or four types when I only knew of
one or two before (salted and smoked).