SC - rasher of bacon??

Kiriel & Chris kiriel at cybergal.com
Wed Sep 16 01:56:59 PDT 1998

Balldrich BallBarian BoulderBain wrote:

> ----------
> > From: Mordonna22 at aol.com
> > To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> > Subject: Re: SC - rasher of bacon??
> > Date: September 14, 1998 4:41 PM
> >
> > In a message dated 9/13/98 6:08:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> > robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au writes:
> >

> > >  It's the normal unit of measurement for bacon here - how else do you
> buy
> > > bacon?
> > >

> > by the package
> >
> > Mordonna
>
> By the pound / weight.
>         Balldrich

But then how do you manage to get 2 rashers per person? Or three if
you're me. Our bacon is maybe half a centimetre thick.  You can also buy
speck, which is great and is like a great lump of bacon which has not
been sliced up, you just slice it yourself as you need it; it tends to
be more strongly cured in flavour than normal bacon and lasts much
better too.

Knew a butcher who smoked his bacon with sandalwood - oh it was
heavenly.

Kiriel
Who could never be a vegetarian because she couldn't live without
bacon..