SC - Challenges and education

Rebecca E Tants retants at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:05:42 PDT 1998

>> I had also thought that the purpose of the challenge was supposed to
be a
>> worked out version as opposed to a translation.  Translations are
well and
>> good but they do not a finished recipe make.  For instance after
looking over
>> the answers to the last 3 recipes, I still don't know, what amount of
what
>> ingredients to use or cooking temperatures, times, etc. Translations
do not a
>> recipe make. :-)

>I do like your idea of posting a period recipe and then having people
go home
>and actually cook their versions and THEN post the results. So how
about doing
>that with the recipes you intend to post? Make two of them on-line
redactions
>and the third to be cooked before any interpetations are posted.

The only problem with having to cook it first, or even of including
sizes, etc., is that I travel for work and don't have access to a
kitchen except on weekends, when I'm working on other things.  We
shouldn't cut people out of this game because they don't have a
kitchen/money to buy the ingredients/time to try recipes.  To be honest,
for me the translation is more then half the battle....

Caitlen Ruadh, who is trying very hard to get a job that will NOT
involve traveling, and who needs all of your best wishes and positive
thoughts for the interview tomorrow!