SC - Fish at Feasts

melc2newton at juno.com melc2newton at juno.com
Thu Sep 17 17:37:31 PDT 1998

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:56:52 -0400 Phil & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:
>Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:
>>
>> You know its funny. here in the pacific NW, we have arguably the
>best and
>> most diverse seafood available, and for dirt cheap if you're willing
>to go
>> to the boat (Tuna anyone? Its going for a song now). We in the
>Madrone
>> Culinary Guild very rarely if ever serve fish or the like, because
>> "everyone" hates it (well, ok, a handful of people, but they're very
>vocal,
>> very active in the guild and if there's fish they wont/cant come
>into the
>> kitchen).
>
>We're in a similar situation where I live, having the Fulton Fish
>Market within
>our Province's borders, which is one of the two large primary
>wholesale
>markets on the East coast, the other being in Boston, whose market is
>somewhat
>smaller.  And, in the same way, it seems  as the needs or tastes of a
>vocal
>minority have been able to shape the cooking practices of the kingdom.
<snip>

>Adamantius
>--
>Phil & Susan Troy
>
>troy at asan.com
Sigh! I would love to serve and eat more fish at feasts, but here in the
southern part of the midwest, it would probably break most feast budgets
to have more than one entree be fish or shellfish related. (unless you
made it out of catfish : )  IS there any period recipes using catfish? )
Beatrix