Wedding cookbook (was Re: SC - Bread Baking Weather)

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Fri Sep 18 04:12:27 PDT 1998

The Cheshire Cat wrote:

> >Maybe all you folks cooking for weddings need to get together and compile
> >a book of recipes and menus, pictures if you've got'em. Along with
> >Documentation.  What say you?
> >Genevia

I don't mind telling people what I'm making and how, but I know that not
everything is period (and the bride and groom don't mind at all, because they
like the menu regardless), so not much of it is documented.  Much of what I
believe is period stems from conversations like, "I would like to make oatmeal
stuffing for the chickens, but I'm not sure it's period."  "Oh, yes.  Cariadoc
has talked about similar recipies."  "any idea where?"  Shrug!
And I don't want to start the arguement of keeping feasts contiguous again.  I
know my feast runs the gambit of Scottland to England to France to
god-knows-where and all over time.  I'm just looking to put out an enjoyable
fare.  i guess what I'm saying is that I don't want shot down by those in the
know for a completely amatuer attempt at something period. (I know it is, but
the bride feels the end result of a good meal is what counts.  And she knows
that I can pull that off, so she has accepted the favorites I have offered to
cook as that and that alone.)  I'll post my menu, and discuss my recipies, but I
guess I'm not up to the scathing commentary that sometimes gets thrown out in
here.  No offense guys, but the authenticity buffs out there do tend to drill it
in.

Brenna