SC - oh-oh...Totally OOP

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Sep 19 14:11:23 PDT 1998

Hi there, Bread virgin here...

I am atempting to make Sticky Buns. In the recipe it specifically calls for
"Robin Hood SAF Yeast". So off I went shopping this a.m. and couldn't find
this puppy anywhere to save my life. What I did get was Fleishmanns Active
Yeast.

Now, in pre-reading the recipe it states that I include the yeast right in
with the flour, sugar, salt in a large bowl????? Add milk, butter and egg,
knead and place in a greased bowl. And then let it stand for 1.25 hours.

Okay, I may have never baked real bread since I was a kid but I have used
yeast in the past. Don't you have to start it with sugar and water? Is SAF
yeast something entirely different? Will putting the Fleishmanns Active
Yeast in place of the other screw this up?

Help!

Micaylah

 I am grateful that I am not as judgemental as
all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.