SC - Poudre Forte and Poudre Douce - measurements

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Sep 20 18:17:24 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/20/98 3:40:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
HICKS_M at casa.gov.au writes:

>  Once again I think this is the US vs. UK thing.
>
>  In Australia (where Kiriel is) 1 Tbsp = 4 teas = 20ml.
>
>  This I believe is the same as the UK but different from the US.

I don't know, but here is a chart for US measure:
3teaspoons = 1 Tablespoon = 1/2 liquid oz. = approximately 15 ml.
4 Tablespoons = 1/4 cup = 2 liquid oz
1 cup = approximately 240 ml.
4 cups = 1 quart = 32 liquid oz.
4 quarts = 1 gallon = 128 liquid oz.

I have known most of my life that an imperial gallon was larger than a US
gallon, but this is the first I have heard about the teaspoons and
Tablespoons.

Mordonna