SC - Purpose of the Feast-long

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Mon Sep 21 15:08:48 PDT 1998

Micaylah writes:

>Phlip, my question to you is this. Are you at the List because of, perhaps
misguided concept, that you are required to be there, or is it more a
personal thing? You, as a chirurgeon, are not required by law to attend the
List, and being in the kitchen would ensure that you "were on site" so I
don't see the problem of pursuing your passion of cooking. It sounds to me
that you are in a worse position than myself, in being that there are not
alot of cooks around to perform the task of kitchen steward evenly.  I'd
say
forge ahead and do your own feast and wow them, as I'm sure you would.<

No, the problem is that I have agreed to be on site as CIC, not only for my
shire, but for other local shires who have no chirurgeons. Having given my
word, I must abide by it. Furthermore, as you well know, no sooner would I
be up to my neck in something which must be dealt with in the cooking realm
or else it would be ruined, and guaranteed some fighter or someone else
would have a major problem right then. While I feel that preventing and, as
necessary, treating common kitchen injuries is part of the Head Cook's job,
unless there's someone to delegate it to, trying to Cook and Chirurgeon at
the same time would be akin to working Troll and marshalling on the field
at the same time- either one job doesn't get done, or you do a lousy job at
both. (Besides, I'm still a bit intimidated at cooking for a zillion people
;-)

Phlip

Phlip at bright.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,