SC - RE: What to do with sausage

Knott, Deanna Deanna.Knott at GSC.GTE.Com
Tue Sep 22 09:52:17 PDT 1998

Greetings,

Wolfmother wrote about Lucanian sausage being named after a friend named
Lucan.

Oddly enough, I had a discussion about this with my friend named Lucan.

He told me that not only was it a personal name, it was a name of one of the
tribes that came down into Italy.  They either beat up or settled next to
the Etruscans (I know that spelling is wrong).  So, in this case is it named
after their friend Lucan or is it named after the people (i.e. Polish
sausage)?

There was something else she wrote...um...I forget what it was exactly..but
it made me think of this.

Should I just use it in whatever recipe calls for a good sausage?

How was a heavily preserved sausage like this fixed for eating in the MA?

On pastrami, does any know of other meats (besides beef or horse) that may
have been cured like this?  Thanks.

Yours,
Avelina Keyes
Du Pont Pursuivant