SC - German anyone?

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Tue Sep 22 14:41:46 PDT 1998

Armstrong, Valoise. Sabina Welser’s Cookbook.  Translated from Das
Kochbuch der Sabina 	Welserin (c. 1553). Privately published,
Little Rock, AR, 1998.  English translations 	only, no originals,
no redactions.  Frau Welserin’s own collection of recipies.

Valoise should be on this list.  Her book is available for sale.  If she
doesn't post you, let me know and I'll find her address.  She hasn't
redacted the recipies, and as I recently bought it, I haven't
either--yet!

Fahrenkamp, H. Jurgen.  Wie man eyn teutsches Mannsbild bey Krafften
halt.  (in 	German).  Prisma Verlag. Munchen or Gutersloh,  1986.
ISBN 3 570 09730 7      Sources and originals not given, occasionally
mentioned.  Modern German redactions.

Eleonora Maria Rosalia.  Freiwillig aufgesprungner Granat-Apffel.
Hausmettel and kochrezepte von 1709.  (taken from a hand-written recipe
book of the 16th C.)
	(in Gerrman).  Working on translation.

I've got the above two books.  Love to cook German food, glad to help if
I can.  I also have some modern German cookbooks in English, and some in
German, to which we can refer if something absolutely stumps us.
Sometimes, 'reverse engineering' helps a little.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com