SC - Ave Maria

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Tue Sep 29 08:39:20 PDT 1998

OK, Cindy, I must see the recipe that times things according to saying the
Ave Maria! My guess would be 3 minutes (it being a longish prayer, right?),
but I'm not catholic and that's off the cuff. It can't be that unusual a
timing device given the "Manus Christi Height" one sometimes sees in sugar
melting recipes in some period sources.

Does anyone have other examples of "religous" measurment in recipies?

Aoife

"Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought it back."