SC - Sauerkraut

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Wed Sep 23 09:47:31 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/23/1998 6:19:56 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
vjarmstrong at aristotle.net writes:

<< Still haven't found any recipes for it, but since there was a designated
area for
 sauerkraut merchants I wonder if, in urban areas, it wasn't a guild
 acrivity. >>

Or it might have been a way of dividing up a market according to type of item
sold or even because of the smell.  I know when i was in Hungary at the food
market all of the saurkraut and other similarly preserved foods were bunched
together, officially because they were similar, but according the the fresh
fruit and vegetable vendors nearby because it smelled so trong and thi put
them next to a door. . .

Noemi