SC - Cookbooks

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Sep 25 20:16:38 PDT 1998

Lady Heloise Noailles-les-Brive asked:

>Greetings, all!  I'm new to the list, though I've been cooking in the
>SCA for a long time.  My question is this:  what period cookbooks,
>SCAdian and otherwise, do you recommend to start a collection for
>preparing feasts and where may I obtain them?  Thank you so much for any
>info!

You might want to take a look at some of these files in the FOOD section
of my Stefan's Florilegium:

cb-novices-msg     (9K)  9/17/98    Cookbooks for those new to medieval cooking.
cb-rv-Apicius-msg (22K)  9/12/97    Reviews of cookbooks having Apicius recipes.
cookbooks-bib     (32K)  4/21/97    Cookbook bibliography by Jaelle of Armida.
cookbooks2-bib    (14K) 10/ 3/97    Cookbook bibliography by Stephen Bloch.
cookbooks-msg    (126K) 12/ 9/96    Reviews of cookbooks with medieval recipes.
cookbooks-SCA-msg (12K)  5/29/98    Cookbooks written by people in the SCA.
cooking-bib       (14K)  1/24/95    Bibliography on cooking sources.

If you find any of these missing at the website, let me know and I will
email them to you in text or Word format. Greg seems to have been rather
slow lately in getting new files up on the website.

I also have about 150K of further reviews and referances, mostly from this group,
that will be added to these files as soon as I figure out how I want to split
cookbooks-msg into some smaller files.

My files are at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra