SC - Almond Milk

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Sep 28 11:39:38 PDT 1998

Kinuko said...
>I also found powdered almond milk at the supermarket,
>and was wondering if this has been used/tried by anybody.
>Please let me know how it compares to the stuff one makes
>at home.  Blending and straining one's own almond milk is
>a most exasperating procedure depending on time constraints.

I too use, given time restraints and budget, powdered Almond Milk. I
purchase it from Chinatown where I can get a jar for about $1.79. It makes
more Almond Milk than I will use in a year. I am absolutely sure that
quality and authenticity suffer. But since almonds are within the
"ridiculous" price range in Cda, I feel pretty good that I have found a
suitable substitution rather than omitting it altogether. Seriously folks,
Almond Milk can break your budget up here if required in larger quantities.
Same with Pine Nuts.

Micaylah