SC - potatoes

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Mon Sep 28 15:31:38 PDT 1998

  Send mail to mime at docserver.cac.washington.edu for more info.

- --------------2A9C274A666D4A7BDC9AE8FB

moan, groan, grimace.

sorry, david, it's just that every few months we seem to go through this
potato thing anew...

potatoes are new world.  they are not really appropriate for the SCA.  if
you want to stretch things as far as possible, you might manage a potato
soup recipe for the last decade of the 16th century in germany.  yes,
europe knew about potatoes by the end of the 16th century, but no, they
really didn't eat them.  they are not in any way shape or form part of
medieval or renaissance cuisine.

elaina

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, David Wolfe wrote:

> I thought potatoes were period in Ireland... if I am mistaken... please
> let me know.
>
> Could someone please send me a list of period no-no's for a feast.
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Cadhla O'Faolain
> mka David Wolfe
> Shire of Brineside Moor

- --------------2A9C274A666D4A7BDC9AE8FB

begin:          vcard
fn:             David Wolfe
n:              ;David Wolfe
org:            Shire of Brineside Moor, Trimaris, SCA
email;internet: ofaolain at gte.net
title:          Web-Slave
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE