SC - Rectified Whiskey

Jeff Botkins jbotkins at ime.net
Tue Sep 29 12:17:41 PDT 1998

IIRC, Recification  of whiskey is another term for Redistillation.
They would take the distilled alcohol, dilute it, filter it through
charcoal and then recify it (this was done to eliminate any remaining
impurities).

It used to be used to create a more "neutral" spirit whcih became a
solvent for use in the manufacture of cordials, liqueurs, and
tinctures...

Jeff