SC - Vigil Cakes?

Bronwynmgn@aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 05:38:21 PST 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> << since they aren't
>  digested >>
>
> I disagree. Bothn gold and silver are essential trace elements needed by the
> body to function properly. The amounts needed are so minute to be nearly
> insignificant but they are present in body tissue. Excess of both these
> metals are , however, as you say, passed on through the system.

I dunno; I understood gold, a least, to be more or less chemically inert
(i.e. there are very few chemical reactions in which it will take part,
and few compounds based on it), which would make it impossible to
digest, let alone metabolize. Silver is not inert. Neither appears to be
harmful in the way that, say, lead is harmful; I think every reasonable
authority agrees on that.

On a slightly different tack, I recall reading in Exodus about the
Israelites being made to drink water in which the powdered remains of
the golden calf were dissolved. This may have been some secondary
interpretation I encountered as a kid, but I recall the explanation that
it was bitter. That doesn't appear in the Exodus I have, and also
doesn't seem to bear much on the gold I've eaten, either, which seemed
to have been more or less tasteless. (Possibly the Israelites also had chocolate?)

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com