SC - Wegman's

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 05:09:48 PDT 1999

Jasmine said:

>This way there would be no suprises for people who
(I knew were in attendance and) had particular spice allergies (to garlic
in this case).

Actually, Jasmine, nobody is allergic to garlic. What they are reacting to
is a chemical in the little green shoot inside the cloves- it contains a
substance which is mildly toxic, to which some people are more reactive than
others are. I've had a few friends who loved it, but wouldn't eat it because
they thought they had become allergic, removed the shoots, and fed them, and
they were just fine, not to mention grateful that they could go back to
eating it again, once I explained.

Phlip

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

When pompous people irk me with their regal attributes,
It pleases me to imagine how they'd look in bathing suits.